Jahn Haus – 1855 to 1865
Johann Michael Jahn immigrated to Texas in 1844 and became one of the best tischlermeisters, or master craftsmen, in New Braunfels. This home, which originally stood on Seguin Avenue, was built in two phases with the left side being built first. This two-part construction is the reasoning behind the two front doors, which are believed to have been built by another cabinetmaker, Tietze. This home is fachwerk that has been plastered and painted on the inside. The porch railings are a Victorian addition from the 1890s.